Friday, November 4, 2011

A Change In Seasons...

So summer recently ended oh so abruptly and fall arrived in Idaho.  There is a chill in the air, the leaves are changing.  What better time to get out and take in the sights and smells of the Treasure Valley than now, the day before I deploy south again. By south I mean you can't go further south, like 90 degrees South Pole south.  




Its a last leisurely walk with my wife and dogs along the Boise River and greenbelt trail system.  A beautiful afternoon with vibrant colors, happy dogs, runners, bikers, fly fishermen and my lovely wife.








Before long, I will be leaving this lovely fall and will arrive in the spring in New Zealand.  Back to Christchurch, the base for the US Antarctic Program and a city devastated and in recovery from last February's earthquake. The All-Blacks won the World Rugby Cup two weeks ago so spirits will be up I am sure however the signs of the damage are everywhere I am told.


After a brief stay in the spring its off to summer! Unfortunately, "summer" is only a term used to define where the sun is in the sky, not the temperature.  24 hrs of sunlight still only yields a high temperature of 5-10 degrees F.


Here's a link to view my new "Summer home":
My new home on "The Ice"


Brrrrrrrrrrrr.  I can't wait. 


Well, I do leave in 5 hrs, I really should start packing!  Cheers for now.  I'll be in touch, I promise!

No comments: